Thursday, February 16, 2023

Life-a hole in a bucket

 


A short story by DeMaster Thomas, Jan 2023 


Life-a hole in a bucket

 

Human at eight years old: Why does my right foot hurt?

God: There’s a rock in your shoe.

 

Human at eighteen years old: Why does my left foot hurt?

God: There’s a rock in your shoe.

 

Human at 28 years old: Why do both my feet hurt?

God: There’s a rock in your shoe.

 

Human at 48 years old: What happens if I take the rocks out?

God: Your feet will stop hurting.

 

Human at 68 years old: Meh, I’ll just get new shoes.

God: 😞

 

Human at 98 years old: all my life, I lived with pain. What happened?

God: the rock in your right shoe was fear. The rock in your left shoe was regret.

 

Human after passing away: I never took the rocks out of my shoes, so I never healed?

God: come to all me; all that labor and I will give you rest.


1 comment:

De Thomas said...

There are rocks in our minds our hearts our spirits; building up walls of stones; blocking blessings like an air tight dam! If we never take the rocks out of our shoes, we will never heal! No matter how many times the Holy Spirit says, “remove the rock, if you don’t, you will continue to hurt.”

https://www.openbible.info/topics/stubbornness

Stubbornness. Part of the cloud that follows a person their whole life. Jeremiah 18:12 - Proverbs 16:18... (shaking my head). At some point; I'll get it together. Like I say every day at work, in the tune of Diana Ross and the Supremes, “someday, we'll get it together”. Oh, yes, we will, yes, we will.

REMOVE THE ROCK! It's like when people say they're waiting on God - to do what?! He woke you up this morning, His job is done! He moved on the with day but all you did was sit there complaining about that freaking rock! We cry because it hurts, we laugh ‘cause it’s true. Get it together son. Time is short.