Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Poetry Corner



Prayers transcend space and time. 
In our prayers, we open the mind and explore the soul.
We go where the spirit takes us. 

Phone Call To God
by: DeMaster Thomas

Hello God, I called tonight to talk a while.
I need a friend once again who’ll listen to my trials.

You see, I can’t seem to make it through one day on my own.
I need your love to guide me so I’ll never feel alone.

I want to ask you please to keep my family safe and sound. 
Come in and fill their lives for whatever fate they’re bound.

Give me faith dear God to face each hour throughout the day.
And not to worry over things I can’t change anyway.

I thank you God for always taking my calls.
I thank you for giving me advice and catching me when I fall.

Your number, God, is the only one that answers every time.
I never get a busy signal and never had to pay a dime.

So thanks God again for easing my sorrow.
Good night, I love you, too. And I'll talk to you tomorrow :-)

No comments: