Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thank-You


Thank You, Lord
by: DeMaster Thomas

I asked God to take away my pain-
God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my body healthy-
God said, No. Your spirit is whole; your body is only temporary.

I asked God to give me patience-
God said, No. Patience is a lesson of tribulation.
It is not granted; it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness-
God said, No. I give you blessings; happiness is up to you.

I asked God to make my life easy-
God said, No. You must grow on your own.
But I will prune you to make you fruitful.
 
I asked God to give me all things that I might enjoy life-
God said, No. I gave you life so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me love others as much as He loves me.
And finally-God said, Yes. No questions asked.

No comments: